Sunday, March 13, 2016

Splash! Jumping into Learning Head First By Joining the Tribe


BE MORE DOG - Take the RISK to see & do things differently!

Well, I did it! I have come to the conclusion that it's time to take this risk. I can no longer passively sit on the side, watch the action swim by while I read, reflect, and apply others' practices and ideas in my own professional life. I've thought about taking the plunge for a long time but wasn't compelled to have my voice heard until I attended NASSP Ignite '16 this past February. I was honored to experience Jennifer Hogan and Craig Vroom's presentation on "Bravely Blogging…" Their theme "Be More Dog," really resonated with me. I've included the video below (and plan to use it with my staff).


I was instantly inspired and made the decision that it was my responsibility to break out of "ruts" and look for positive change opportunities. I am the only one that can take ownership and control of my own learning, a principle that I have preached to my students, teachers, colleagues and even own children for some time.  It was up to me, although scary and out of my ordinary, I jumped in head first by sharing my reflections on leading, learning and life this past week by publishing my first post on my new blog, ConnectEd to Learning!  This experience has been quite cathartic and amazingly enough as I have shared this commitment to my own growth with others, they have been immensely supportive. So, not only did I begin my blogging journey but I decided to hold my breath and take my learning a step further by applying to be a blogger for Compelled Tribe, a group of dedicated educational professionals that write, read, and share so collectively everyone grows.  I'm proud to say that I am one of the newest tribe members. Through this exciting experience, I look forward to "being fearless in the pursuit of what sets my soul on fire"… being that passionate educator who leads, learns, and makes a difference in the lives of others!



7 comments:

  1. Angie, your post is so inspirational! I love that you are modeling risk-taking for your staff, as well as sharing how nervous you are. Risk is scary. We don't take risks when the fear is gone, we take them anyway. I look forward to reading more of your blog posts on this journey!
    Best,
    Jennifer
    #compelledtribe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,
    Thank you for sharing and more importantly thank you for taking the plunge to become part of the Compelled Tribe. Your post resonated with me, because a year ago I was in the same spot when asked to join the Tribe. Looking forward to learning and growing together!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It was my responsibility to break out of ruts and look for positive change opportunities."

    Angie- This is exactly where I am and what I'm trying to do. I am hopeful being part of the Compelled Tribe will provide me with that encouragement and motivation.

    Glad to meet you and be on your tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    Your post makes me excited to be apart of the newest #CompelledTribe. I look forward to reading your blog and learning with you!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,
    I am excited to be apart of this #CompelledTribe! I look forward to learning and growing with you through your blog!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your energy Angie. It's exciting to connect with people like you who are so willing to learn and grow. I'm looking forward to reading your posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Angie. This is very inspirational. Welcome to the #CompelledTribe. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete